Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yeh Delhi hai mere yaar!! Thank god i came alive;) Part 3

FOR SALE- by Prashant Singh Rathor

True that the IV was far from being perfect but there were a few moments that really made it memorable for me. I would like to share an incident that happened in the IV that brings a smile on my face every time I think of it. This was I guess the 2nd day of the IV. The hot and dry Delhi weather had got better of me and I wasn’t feeling very well. Suddenly at night around 11 things got worse and I decided to go to AIIMS to take some medicines. Funny as it may sound I couldn’t find anyone except bankar who could accompany me to the hospital. Most were asleep by then and those who weren’t were too drunk to be taken. Just when I was about to leave the ashram (it was an ashram right!!) I saw Chavli running towards me enquiring where I was going. I told him that I wasn’t feeling very well and I am going to hospital. he immediately told me that he too is coming with us as It was too late and 3 people were better than 2..it didn’t come as a surprise to me as I had known chavli for almost 5 years then and I knew that he is definitely a guy you can count on when in need..then began the joy ride. We couldn’t find an auto rickshaw and so we had to walk quiet a distance. On the way we met eunuchs, hookers, drunkards and a mentally challenged guy. Boy o boy it was too good. I wasn’t feeling very well but I really enjoyed that walk. The situation wasn’t the best as in we were 3 guys….one terribly sick, other terribly concerned and the last terribly scared…the facial expressions and comments of both these guys with me were amazingly funny. Finally we got a rick and we agreed for a 2 way ride…fixed the price and reached AIIMS.on reaching AIIIMS the rickshaw guy demanded 1 of us to stay back as we had agreed for a 2 way thing. Both bankar and chavli weren’t carring any cash..we decided that chavli would stay back with the rickshaw guy till we come back. The look on chavlis face was to die for. Every time I think of it , it brings a smile to my face…chavli didn’t say anything…but his eyes asked a thousand questions…”KAMEENO MERKO GIRVI RAK KAR JAA RAHE HO..SAALO VAPAS AAOGENA ”..Naturally we came back after buying the medicines but there are times I wonder what would have happened if we didn’t …


Contributed by Prashant Singh Rathor


2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhh.......just imagining chavli's face is making me die with laughter ........ but it was good(pun unintended) of him to give u people company..... anyway, rathor if ur reading this, u really should start blogging. i bet u will get more hits than fake ipl player(F.I.P rules!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember Chavli's reaction wen the mad man almost attacked him...he was scared to death

    ReplyDelete